Report: Apple offering $500 million for Waze App
Silicon Valley is buzzing over Apple possibly negotiating to buy social navigation app Waze.
Waze is ABC7's exclusive traffic app where users can submit data as they drive.
TechCrunch reports Apple is considering acquiring it to solve its map woes. Apple brought back Google Maps recently after its own maps launched in the fall were criticized for bad information.
Sources say Apple is offering $500 million for Waze, while Waze is holding out for $750 million.
waze, iphone, blackberry, iPad, iTunes, android, smartphones, bay bridge, technology
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 3 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday