Google shutting down popular Google Reader
In an attempt to streamline its services, Google announced Wednesday that it is shutting down its popular Google Reader feature.
Google Reader allowed users to pull content feeds from a variety of websites into a single inbox. It was launched in 2005 and has a loyal following, but according to Google, usage has declined.
Google Reader will shut down on July 1.
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday