Google shutting down popular Google Reader
In an attempt to streamline its services, Google announced Wednesday that it is shutting down its popular Google Reader feature.
Google Reader allowed users to pull content feeds from a variety of websites into a single inbox. It was launched in 2005 and has a loyal following, but according to Google, usage has declined.
Google Reader will shut down on July 1.
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 8 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality 45 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure 33 min ago
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos