Google shutting down popular Google Reader
In an attempt to streamline its services, Google announced Wednesday that it is shutting down its popular Google Reader feature.
Google Reader allowed users to pull content feeds from a variety of websites into a single inbox. It was launched in 2005 and has a loyal following, but according to Google, usage has declined.
Google Reader will shut down on July 1.
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 47 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 55 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 29 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch