Analyst: Zuckerberg to owe IRS more than $1 billion
It might be time for Mark Zuckerberg to unfriend Uncle Sam.
The Facebook CEO is facing a giant tax bill. Analysts say Zuckerberg is expected to owe the IRS more than $1 billion in taxes for 2012. Zuckerberg's whopping tax hit stems from his move last May to increase his stake in Facebook.
On the day of Facebook's Initial Public Offering, Zuckerberg exercised a stock option and purchased 60 million Facebook shares. He later sold about half those shares.
Zuckerberg's paper fortune is currently valued at around $13 billion.
facebook, mark zuckerberg, IRS, taxes, technology
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday