Analyst: Zuckerberg to owe IRS more than $1 billion
It might be time for Mark Zuckerberg to unfriend Uncle Sam.
The Facebook CEO is facing a giant tax bill. Analysts say Zuckerberg is expected to owe the IRS more than $1 billion in taxes for 2012. Zuckerberg's whopping tax hit stems from his move last May to increase his stake in Facebook.
On the day of Facebook's Initial Public Offering, Zuckerberg exercised a stock option and purchased 60 million Facebook shares. He later sold about half those shares.
Zuckerberg's paper fortune is currently valued at around $13 billion.
facebook, mark zuckerberg, IRS, taxes, technology
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap 28 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 8 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 20 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos