Parents warned about Instagram beauty contests
Parents are being warned about young girls going head-to-head in cyber beauty contests on the photo sharing app Instagram.
Users simply vote for the girl they think is the best looking,
The winner gets to call herself the prettiest, while the losers get a big red "X" over their faces.
Instagram issued a statement saying parents should monitor their kids online.
In the meantime, the pageants will go on.
instagram, apps, parenting, children, technology
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 10 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos