Parents warned about Instagram beauty contests
Parents are being warned about young girls going head-to-head in cyber beauty contests on the photo sharing app Instagram.
Users simply vote for the girl they think is the best looking,
The winner gets to call herself the prettiest, while the losers get a big red "X" over their faces.
Instagram issued a statement saying parents should monitor their kids online.
In the meantime, the pageants will go on.
instagram, apps, parenting, children, technology
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 21 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 21 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 22 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 24 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 21 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 23 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
41 min ago