Parents warned about Instagram beauty contests
Parents are being warned about young girls going head-to-head in cyber beauty contests on the photo sharing app Instagram.
Users simply vote for the girl they think is the best looking,
The winner gets to call herself the prettiest, while the losers get a big red "X" over their faces.
Instagram issued a statement saying parents should monitor their kids online.
In the meantime, the pageants will go on.
instagram, apps, parenting, children, technology
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove 3 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos