NASA planning to capture asteroid with robot
NASA has unveiled an ambitious plan to capture an asteroid for human exploration.
The agency wants to use a robot to grab a small space rock and drag it to orbit around the moon. That'll allow astronauts to visit and explore it easily.
NASA will need the money and new technology to pull this off and they need to find an asteroid that's small and stable enough to manipulate.
All of this is being done to develop new technology that can be used to send NASA astronauts to Mars.
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday