NASA planning to capture asteroid with robot
NASA has unveiled an ambitious plan to capture an asteroid for human exploration.
The agency wants to use a robot to grab a small space rock and drag it to orbit around the moon. That'll allow astronauts to visit and explore it easily.
NASA will need the money and new technology to pull this off and they need to find an asteroid that's small and stable enough to manipulate.
All of this is being done to develop new technology that can be used to send NASA astronauts to Mars.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos