Bar owner uses Facebook to keep riffraff out
STOCKTON, Calif. (KGO) -- A Stockton bar owner is using Facebook to keep the riffraff out of his bar.
The owner of Finnegan's Irish Pub and Grill requires customers to friend him on Facebook before they can get in after 9 p.m. He said there's a late night crime problem and people he knows are less likely to start trouble.
His customers seem happy.
There are 7,000 people who are friends with him on Facebook.
facebook, stockton, technology
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts