'Report abuse' button appears on Twitter
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- You can now report hateful tweets you find on Twitter.
On Monday, Twitter announced new features including a "report abuse" button.
The social media site added this feature after users complained not enough was done to stop hate speech.
It comes just one week after an issue of gender politics in the United Kingdom got ugly on Twitter and an activist got tweets threatening rape and violence.
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday