Palestinian hacker finds Facebook security flaw
A Palestinian hacker who claims to have discovered a Facebook security flaw, took the issue straight to the top.
The flaw allowed anyone to post anything to anyone's page. After being ignored by Facebook's security team, Khalil Shreateh posted the issue on Facebook Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg's page to prove his point.
Within minutes, Shreateh was contacted by Facebook to get more details. The bug has since been fixed and Shreateh may get $500 for his efforts.
mark zuckerberg, facebook, palestine, technology
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 26 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos