People lining up at Palo Alto's Apple Store for new iPhone 5S
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- They don't go on sale until Monday at 8 a.m., but that's not stopping eager Apple fans from camping out to get their hands on the new iPhone 5S.
A line is already forming at the Apple Store on University Avenue in Palo Alto.
The first guy in line is Ray Sleeper of San Jose. He's been camped out since Monday. He says he's going to buy the iPhone 5S and donate it to a veteran
The 5S sale starts online at midnight.
Preorders aren't available for the 5S. So anyone who wants one Friday has to get it at a store.
Preorders are underway for the cheaper, brightly colored iPhone 5C.
apple, iphone, smartphones, cellphone, steve jobs, gadgets, technology
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body