People lining up at Palo Alto's Apple Store for new iPhone 5S
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- They don't go on sale until Monday at 8 a.m., but that's not stopping eager Apple fans from camping out to get their hands on the new iPhone 5S.
A line is already forming at the Apple Store on University Avenue in Palo Alto.
The first guy in line is Ray Sleeper of San Jose. He's been camped out since Monday. He says he's going to buy the iPhone 5S and donate it to a veteran
The 5S sale starts online at midnight.
Preorders aren't available for the 5S. So anyone who wants one Friday has to get it at a store.
Preorders are underway for the cheaper, brightly colored iPhone 5C.
apple, iphone, smartphones, cellphone, steve jobs, gadgets, technology
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 1 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 34 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos