Company selling iPhone cases with built-in stun gun
For anyone worried about protecting their new iPhone 5S or 5C from thieves, this might be the answer. A company called YellowJacket is offering iPhone cases with a built-in stun gun.
The stun gun runs on a battery produces what the company describes as a "painful sting." It shoots 650 kilovolts of electricity through someone's body. That's the same zap as a full-size stun gun.
YellowJacket President Seth Froom launched the company after he was robbed and wished he could have used his phone for self-defense. He believes that the YellowJacket is necessary to provide real protection against iPhone thefts.'
Really in that moment when the violent crime does occur, we want to give our users a way to escape that situation," Froom told ABC News. "We want to give them a preventative step to where they don't become the victim in the first place."
The $140 cases come in several colors, including red, white, yellow, and pink.
apple, iphone, smartphones, cellphone, steve jobs, gadgets, technology
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 4 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 in SJ under investigation 8 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday