9 million Apple iPhones sold over the weekend
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Apple released sales numbers for the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. The Cupertino company said it sold a record breaking 9 million phones in just three days.
Apple is calling this the best iPhone launch in history. And the company admits demand is exceeding initial supply for the iPhone 5S.
Also, if you own one of the new iPhones, keep a tight grip on it. Tests reveal the iPhone 5S and 5C are more breakable than previous models. The company SquareTrade, which provides protection plans for gadgets, did the testing.
Phones are submerged in water then dropped five feet off the ground. The company tested other smartphones. The worst performer in the drop test was Samsung's Galaxy S4 and the best was Google's Moto X.
apple, iphone, smartphones, cellphone, steve jobs, gadgets, steve wozniak, tim cook, palo alto, technology
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer 48 min ago
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos