9 million Apple iPhones sold over the weekend
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Apple released sales numbers for the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. The Cupertino company said it sold a record breaking 9 million phones in just three days.
Apple is calling this the best iPhone launch in history. And the company admits demand is exceeding initial supply for the iPhone 5S.
Also, if you own one of the new iPhones, keep a tight grip on it. Tests reveal the iPhone 5S and 5C are more breakable than previous models. The company SquareTrade, which provides protection plans for gadgets, did the testing.
Phones are submerged in water then dropped five feet off the ground. The company tested other smartphones. The worst performer in the drop test was Samsung's Galaxy S4 and the best was Google's Moto X.
apple, iphone, smartphones, cellphone, steve jobs, gadgets, steve wozniak, tim cook, palo alto, technology
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 23 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
14 min ago