9 million Apple iPhones sold over the weekend
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- Apple released sales numbers for the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. The Cupertino company said it sold a record breaking 9 million phones in just three days.
Apple is calling this the best iPhone launch in history. And the company admits demand is exceeding initial supply for the iPhone 5S.
Also, if you own one of the new iPhones, keep a tight grip on it. Tests reveal the iPhone 5S and 5C are more breakable than previous models. The company SquareTrade, which provides protection plans for gadgets, did the testing.
Phones are submerged in water then dropped five feet off the ground. The company tested other smartphones. The worst performer in the drop test was Samsung's Galaxy S4 and the best was Google's Moto X.
apple, iphone, smartphones, cellphone, steve jobs, gadgets, steve wozniak, tim cook, palo alto, technology
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 45 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 50 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos