'Tweeting bra' raising breast cancer awareness
October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is going high-tech in the form of a tweeting bra.
That's right. The tweeting bra is part of a new campaign in Greece. It sends a breast exam reminder each time it's unhooked.
A popular Greek TV host is wearing the high-tech undergarment to remind women to perform breast self-exams.
The bra is powered by a low-energy Bluetooth unit embedded into the clasp.
You can follow it on Twitter under the obvious handle @tweetingbra.
cancer, medical research, social media, twitter, technology
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday