Bitstrip cartoons take over Facebook newsfeeds
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Even if you haven't heard of Bitstrips, there's still a good chance you've already seen the colorful comic strips in your Facebook newsfeed. The app that's become an overnight sensation might be too popular for its makers to keep up.
The Bitstrips app has now topped 11 million downloads, making it the hottest app in both the iPhone and Android stores. There's so much demand, it crashed the company's website, sending them scrambling for a fix.
In an email, the CEO told ABC7 News, "We've been completely overwhelmed by the enormous response, and currently have our heads down, working to keep things up and running."
He added they're ecstatic about the app's popularity.
apps, social media, facebook, technology, jonathan bloom
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot 37 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station 11 min ago
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch 30 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos