Teen injured after iPhone catches fire in pants
A 13-year-old girl from Maine is recovering from first and second-degree burns after her iPhone caught fire inside her back pocket.
The trouble began when the 8th grader sat down, heard a popping sound and then noticed smoke.
Responding fire officials praised the student for remembering to "stop, drop and roll."
She quickly got rid of the pants, while a teacher brought a blanket.
She was released from the hospital and is back home.
smartphones, iphone, technology
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 19 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos