Free digital TV transition workshop
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Digital TV (DTV) Transition is happening February 17, 2009. Are you ready?
Attend an informational workshop about what will happen to your TV signal starting February 17, 2009. If you are watching TV over the air using UHF/VHF or "rabbit ears" antennae, you will not get a signal starting February 17th. TV stations will broadcast in digital on February 17th. You need to purchase a converter box in order to continue to watch television. You may apply for a $40 coupon through the government at www.dtv2009.gov or by calling 1-888-DTV-2009.
The DTV Workshop will explain how you can prepare for the transition. Federal Communications Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein and California Public Utilities Commissioner Rachelle Chong will be on hand to answer any questions you have.
DTV Workshop (FREE)
Thursday, September 11, 2008, 3:00 p.m.
Mission Neighborhood Centers
362 Capp Street (btw 18th & 19th)
Please note: Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Include a description of the accommodation you will need with as much detail as possible. Also include a way we can contact you if we need more information. Please provide as much advance notice as possible; last minute requests will be accepted, but may be impossible to fill. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (TTY).
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos