Free digital TV transition workshop
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Digital TV (DTV) Transition is happening February 17, 2009. Are you ready?
Attend an informational workshop about what will happen to your TV signal starting February 17, 2009. If you are watching TV over the air using UHF/VHF or "rabbit ears" antennae, you will not get a signal starting February 17th. TV stations will broadcast in digital on February 17th. You need to purchase a converter box in order to continue to watch television. You may apply for a $40 coupon through the government at www.dtv2009.gov or by calling 1-888-DTV-2009.
The DTV Workshop will explain how you can prepare for the transition. Federal Communications Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein and California Public Utilities Commissioner Rachelle Chong will be on hand to answer any questions you have.
DTV Workshop (FREE)
Thursday, September 11, 2008, 3:00 p.m.
Mission Neighborhood Centers
362 Capp Street (btw 18th & 19th)
Please note: Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Include a description of the accommodation you will need with as much detail as possible. Also include a way we can contact you if we need more information. Please provide as much advance notice as possible; last minute requests will be accepted, but may be impossible to fill. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (TTY).
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 2 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 14 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos