Job Opening: Freelance Web Producer/Writer
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Strong writing and editorial skills and the ability to multitask in a high pressure environment are a must. Thorough knowledge and prior experience using major social media platforms to report news are also required. The Web Producer/Writer is responsible for publishing daily news and breaking news content to the station's digital platforms, as well as producing and editing video content. Other production duties include tagging content for the website, moderating forums, producing and deploying multiple email newsletters as well as managing a user-generated content site.
REQUIREMENTS: (1) Two plus (2+) years experience working in an online news organization.
(2) Must have excellent computer skills and experience with all of the following: content management systems; Fireworks or Photoshop; Final Cut Pro and basic HTML tags.
(3) Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing tests.
(4) Must have a Bachelor's degree in media-related field and preferably experience working in a high-paced, deadline driven television newsroom.
(5) Candidates must clear a background check.
NOTE: This position requires working night, weekend and holiday shifts. Please do not apply if you're not able or willing to fulfill this requirement.
Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Freelance Web Producer/Writer (Requisition ID # 21107BR), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV), create a candidate profile and upload your resume. You must also send a cover letter, reel (e-link), and writing samples to be considered for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 53 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 8 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad 38 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend 49 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee from Gevalia 2 min ago
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF 13 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- This week's Perfect pet 'Francis'
27 min ago