Job Opening: Freelance Web Producer/Writer
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Strong writing and editorial skills and the ability to multitask in a high pressure environment are a must. Thorough knowledge and prior experience using major social media platforms to report news are also required. The Web Producer/Writer is responsible for publishing daily news and breaking news content to the station's digital platforms, as well as producing and editing video content. Other production duties include tagging content for the website, moderating forums, producing and deploying multiple email newsletters as well as managing a user-generated content site.
REQUIREMENTS: (1) Two plus (2+) years experience working in an online news organization.
(2) Must have excellent computer skills and experience with all of the following: content management systems; Fireworks or Photoshop; Final Cut Pro and basic HTML tags.
(3) Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing tests.
(4) Must have a Bachelor's degree in media-related field and preferably experience working in a high-paced, deadline driven television newsroom.
(5) Candidates must clear a background check.
NOTE: This position requires working night, weekend and holiday shifts. Please do not apply if you're not able or willing to fulfill this requirement.
Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Freelance Web Producer/Writer (Requisition ID # 21107BR), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV), create a candidate profile and upload your resume. You must also send a cover letter, reel (e-link), and writing samples to be considered for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos