KGO-TV/ABC7 Internships: College Student Program
KGO-TV's College Student Program offers college students the opportunity to learn and work in the broadcasting industry.
The students must be currently enrolled in a four-year college as juniors or seniors or be in a graduate school program. The students should be able to work in the College Student Program for a minimum of six (6) months or a maximum of nine (9) months. The students will be limited to work no more than 20 hours a week and they will be paid the current San Francisco minimum wage.
Students' schedules will be arranged so as not to conflict with their class schedule.
**APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED YEAR-ROUND**
In order to maintain the integrity of the academic standards of KGO-TV's College Student Program, students will need to comply with the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in college as juniors, seniors or graduate students (attending graduate school).
- Provide original/official transcript and verification of enrollment.
- Have 3.0-3.5 GPA.
- Provide rationale stating why they are interested in the College Student Program and how it applies to their field of study.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from one of their professors on official school letterhead.
- Complete a job application form.
- Students will be required to get a background check clearance before their start date.
- Students must show proof that they have the legal authorization from the Department of Homeland Security (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) to work in the United States. They will be required to complete the I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification on their start date. Attached are the acceptable documents that can be used to complete the I-9 Form.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS:
News Assignment Desk, News Research/"Seven on Your Side", Sports, Marketing Research, Public Affairs, Programming, Web/Digital
***AVAILABILITY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM SEMESTER TO SEMESTER***
Please mail the complete application packet -- Cover sheet, official verification of college enrollment, official transcript, rationale, letter of recommendation and job application form to:
KGO-TV / ABC 7, Human Resources Department, 900 Front Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
QUESTIONS: If you have further questions about the College Student Program, please contact Human Resources at (415) 954-7774 or e-mail Alexandra Lesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get an internship application online in PDF format below:
KGO-TV / ABC 7, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos