KGO-TV/ABC7 Internships: College Student Program
KGO-TV's College Student Program offers college students the opportunity to learn and work in the broadcasting industry.
The students must be currently enrolled in a four-year college as juniors or seniors or be in a graduate school program. The students should be able to work in the College Student Program for a minimum of six (6) months or a maximum of nine (9) months. The students will be limited to work no more than 20 hours a week and they will be paid the current San Francisco minimum wage.
Students' schedules will be arranged so as not to conflict with their class schedule.
**APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED YEAR-ROUND**
In order to maintain the integrity of the academic standards of KGO-TV's College Student Program, students will need to comply with the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in college as juniors, seniors or graduate students (attending graduate school).
- Provide original/official transcript and verification of enrollment.
- Have 3.0-3.5 GPA.
- Provide rationale stating why they are interested in the College Student Program and how it applies to their field of study.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from one of their professors on official school letterhead.
- Complete a job application form.
- Students will be required to get a background check clearance before their start date.
- Students must show proof that they have the legal authorization from the Department of Homeland Security (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) to work in the United States. They will be required to complete the I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification on their start date. Attached are the acceptable documents that can be used to complete the I-9 Form.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS:
News Assignment Desk, News Research/"Seven on Your Side", Sports, Marketing Research, Public Affairs, Programming, Web/Digital
***AVAILABILITY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM SEMESTER TO SEMESTER***
Please mail the complete application packet -- Cover sheet, official verification of college enrollment, official transcript, rationale, letter of recommendation and job application form to:
KGO-TV / ABC 7, Human Resources Department, 900 Front Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
QUESTIONS: If you have further questions about the College Student Program, please contact Human Resources at (415) 954-7774 or e-mail Alexandra Lesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get an internship application online in PDF format below:
KGO-TV / ABC 7, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 6 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 6 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 3 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 25 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 7 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed