Job Opening: Senior Online News Producer
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: KGO-TV/ABC7 in San Francisco is looking for a dynamic, technically-savvy lead producer to join our digital management team. The Senior Online News Producer will report directly to and work closely with the Director of Web Operations to determine strategy and direction for all station digital platforms.
Candidates should have experience working and multitasking in a high-pressure online news environment. Strong editorial skills and sharp news judgment are a must. Thorough knowledge and prior experience using major social media platforms to report news are also required. Knowledge of the ENPS news system and non-linear editing experience are all pluses.
Key responsibilities include: supervising web staff; overseeing the quality of daily news content published to digital platforms; timely posting of breaking local and national news; working with broadcast and online producers and the assignment desk to coordinate on-air and online news coverage; coordinating special projects with various station departments; site troubleshooting and overall maintenance of the high editorial standards of ABC7 News and abc7news.com.
1. Applicant must possess strong news writing and copy-editing skills; strong computer skills, including knowledge of keyboard shortcuts; solid knowledge of basic HTML; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing tests.
2.Two plus (2+) years experience working in an online news organization.
3. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in media-related field and experience working in a high-paced, deadline driven television newsroom.
NOTE: This position may require working night, weekend and holiday shifts.
Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 68211BR (Senior Online News Producer), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV), create a candidate profile and upload your resume. You must also send a cover letter, reel (e-link), and writing samples to be considered for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records 33 min ago
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor 9 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos