Job Opening: Senior Online News Producer
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: KGO-TV/ABC7 in San Francisco is looking for a dynamic, technically-savvy lead producer to join our digital management team. The Senior Online News Producer will report directly to and work closely with the Director of Web Operations to determine strategy and direction for all station digital platforms.
Candidates should have experience working and multitasking in a high-pressure online news environment. Strong editorial skills and sharp news judgment are a must. Thorough knowledge and prior experience using major social media platforms to report news are also required. Knowledge of the ENPS news system and non-linear editing experience are all pluses.
Key responsibilities include: supervising web staff; overseeing the quality of daily news content published to digital platforms; timely posting of breaking local and national news; working with broadcast and online producers and the assignment desk to coordinate on-air and online news coverage; coordinating special projects with various station departments; site troubleshooting and overall maintenance of the high editorial standards of ABC7 News and abc7news.com.
1. Applicant must possess strong news writing and copy-editing skills; strong computer skills, including knowledge of keyboard shortcuts; solid knowledge of basic HTML; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing tests.
2.Two plus (2+) years experience working in an online news organization.
3. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in media-related field and experience working in a high-paced, deadline driven television newsroom.
NOTE: This position may require working night, weekend and holiday shifts.
Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 68211BR (Senior Online News Producer), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV), create a candidate profile and upload your resume. You must also send a cover letter, reel (e-link), and writing samples to be considered for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday