How to become an organ donor
Once you have decided to become a donor, the most important step is telling your family. Most American's support donation, but few have told family members their decision to donate. Talking about donation is talking about the opportunity to give another person a second chance at life.
Sign-Up For Organ Donation:
- Donate Life California
California has a statewide registry for organ and tissue donors. Visit "Donate Life California" online at www.donatelifecalifornia.org.
- California Transplant Donor Network
The California Transplant Donor Network has donor information specific to Northern California at www.ctdn.org.
Share your wishes to become a donor: (Below are different ways to tell your next-of-kin, family and/or friends you want to be a donor.)
- Electronically: Send an e-postcard, view or forward a special Flash presentation via e-mail.
- Post Web banners: Educate others through Web banners on your Web site.
- Distribute brochures: Distribute brochures to people in your community.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire