How to become an organ donor
Once you have decided to become a donor, the most important step is telling your family. Most American's support donation, but few have told family members their decision to donate. Talking about donation is talking about the opportunity to give another person a second chance at life.
Sign-Up For Organ Donation:
- Donate Life California
California has a statewide registry for organ and tissue donors. Visit "Donate Life California" online at www.donatelifecalifornia.org.
- California Transplant Donor Network
The California Transplant Donor Network has donor information specific to Northern California at www.ctdn.org.
Share your wishes to become a donor: (Below are different ways to tell your next-of-kin, family and/or friends you want to be a donor.)
- Electronically: Send an e-postcard, view or forward a special Flash presentation via e-mail.
- Post Web banners: Educate others through Web banners on your Web site.
- Distribute brochures: Distribute brochures to people in your community.
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...