ABC7 Top Scholars
ABC7 Top Scholars is a scholarship and television opportunity recognizing the Bay Area's top high school academic achievers.
ABC7 Top Scholars is a scholarship and television opportunity recognizing the Bay Area's top high school academic achievers. ABC7 Top Scholars will award $1000 scholarships to seven local graduating high school seniors who are college-bound. These students will be profiled in stories featured in ABC7 Newscasts as well a special program, "ABC7 Top Scholars" (a half-hour special slated to air this summer). The annual project is intended to promote academic excellence by honoring and rewarding our top achievers.
Invitations to participate in the ABC7 Top Scholars program have been sent to hundreds of schools throughout the Bay Area. Each school will nominate up to four students to participate. Once nominated, each student must fill out the Student Application, due to ABC7 no later than 8:00PM on Wednesday, April 10, 2013. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges, comprised of ABC7 representatives and community members. Winners will be informed by May 1, 2013.
The profiles of our student winners will begin airing in Summer 2013, featured on ABC7 Newscasts, with a full half-hour program, ABC7 Top Scholars, airing later in the Summer 2013.
- Student must be a high school senior graduating in Spring 2013 and committed to earning a college degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.7.
- Student must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Student must be available to be interviewed on camera.
- KGO-TV/DT must receive an official school transcript by 8:00PM on Wednesday, April 10, 2013.
- Student must fully complete application form, including all attachments listed on Page 3 of this application, due to KGO-TV/DT by 8:00PM on Wednesday, April 10, 2013.
- Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the ABC7 Top Scholars program.
- Applicant must be nominated by his or her school. Applications may be obtained from school administration.
If you have additional questions, please contact Laura Kutch, Community Relations Manager, at (415) 954-7826.
- Michael Chang, Saratoga High School
- Sierra Fan, Henry M. Gunn High School
- Nathan Galicia, Carlmont High School
- Romi Phadte, Santa Teresa High School
- Sruthi Ramaswami, Archbishop Mitty High School
- Denise Ramirez, Lick-Wilmerding High School
- Tatiana Suriano, Richmond High School
- Emelyn Erickson, Las Lomas High School
- Kyle Gerner, The King's Academy
- Sarah Khasrovi, Presentation High School
- Amrit Saxena, Aragon High School
- Catherine Tadina, El Camino High School
- Chrystina Yu, Piedmont High School
- Nicole Bauthier, Terra Linda High School
- Jonathan Drennan, Santa Teresa High School
- Carolyn Esserman, Miramonte High School
- Druthi Ghanta, Foothill High School
- Joe Pak, Carlmont High School
- Ana Plascencia, Archbishop Mitty High School
2009 ABC7 Top Scholars:
- Jason Bade, Aragon High School
- Sejal Hathi, Notre Dame High School (San Jose)
- Julia Mason, Monte Vista High School
- Kathyrn Nomura, Silver Creek High School
- Sean Rayani, Analy High School
- Albert Wong, Homestead High School
2008 ABC7 Top Scholars:
- Susann Almasi, Northgate High School
- Caroline Dougherty, Miramonte High School
- Jibran Khan, Monte Vista High School
- Jillian Liu, Palo Alto Senior High School
- Jasmine Nachtigall, Hillsdale High School
- Xijia Sun, San Mateo High School
2007 ABC7 Top Scholars:
- Cristina Bautista, Moreau Catholic High School
- Daniel Ding, Saint Francis High School
- Cindy Guan, Mission San Jose High School
- Emily Larimer, Half Moon Bay High School
- Scott Levin, Los Altos High School
- Sivakami Sambasivam, Saratoga High School
2006 ABC7 Top Scholars:
- Hannah Fitzpatrick, San Domenico Upper School
- Richard Kim, Foothill High School
- Abhishek Kumar, Archbishop Mitty High School
- Evgenia Shnayder, Carlmont High School
- Alice Wang, Saint Francis High School
- Elizabet Warshaw-Vickery, Palo Alto High School
ABC7 top scholars, community
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire 16 min ago
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease 50 min ago
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast 58 min ago
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor 11 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening 45 min ago
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest 17 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin 44 min ago
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests 30 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday