Brett F. Andrews
For the past 7 years, Brett Andrews has served as the Executive Director of the Positive Resource Center (PRC), a non-profit organization that provides culturally appropriate professional benefits counseling and employment services to people affected by or at risk for HIV/AIDS, especially low-income residents of San Francisco since 1987.
Brett possesses over 17 years of non-profit experience. Prior to joining the agency, he was the Executive Director of Los Angeles Team Mentoring, Inc. (LATM), a non-profit organization that operates the TEAMWORKS Program, Under his leadership the TEAMWORKS program was evaluated by Public/Private Ventures, a national evaluator and named a "best practices" mentoring program by the US Department of Education.
Prior to joining LATM, Brett was the Executive Director of Kids n' U, Inc., a New York City-based non-profit youth serving organization sponsored by Michael Kors. Kids N' U, Inc. administered two premier programs Kids Cook Too, a culinary program for high school students and S-Team, a self esteem program for homeless children.
Brett holds a BA in Psychology from Pennsylvania State University and an MA in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from George Washington University. He is Vice President of the HIV/AIDS Provider Network, a Steering Committee Member of the San Francisco Human Services Network, Co-Chair of the DPH Community Based Organization Taskforce, an Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club Board Member, and a former Gill Foundation LGBT Fellow. Brett currently volunteers as a mentor at Larkin Street Youth Services.
african american salutes 2010, community
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 1 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 5 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point? 48 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos