Willa Seldon is Chief Executive Officer of the Glide Foundation. Located in the Tenderloin, Glide is an oasis that has served the poor and disenfranchised for over 45 years.
From serving nearly one million meals a year to operating a professional medical clinic, to youth job training, to offering weekly spiritual celebrations at Glide Church, and much more, Glide touches the lives of many people. Formerly, Willa was Executive Director of the Tides Center, a leading sponsor of social innovation in the nonprofit sector, providing infrastructure support to over 250 new and emerging nonprofit initiatives with combined budgets of $50 million and staff of 500. At Tides, Willa was instrumental in revitalizing the organization, achieving financial stability and creating a national network of fiscal sponsors.
Willa also has extensive private sector experience. She established one of the first venture capital funds to invest in women-led or co-founded technology and life science companies. As general partner of Milepost Ventures, Willa provided hands-on leadership and strategic guidance to start-ups. Earlier in her career as an executive at AirTouch Communications, a multi-billion dollar wireless communications company, Willa helped with its transformation, positioning the company for profitable and dramatic global expansion through partnerships and mergers and acquisitions.
Willa currently serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of Northern California Public Broadcasting (aka KQED) and Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees of Bryn Mawr College. She also is a member of Young Presidents' Organization. Willa has an M.B.A. from Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, a J.D. from Yale Law School, and an A.B. in Economics from Bryn Mawr College.
african american salutes 2010, community
- Death toll in Oklahoma tornado could climb to 91 44 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- NFL owners to announce Super Bowl 50 host city 49 min ago
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday