Willa Seldon is Chief Executive Officer of the Glide Foundation. Located in the Tenderloin, Glide is an oasis that has served the poor and disenfranchised for over 45 years.
From serving nearly one million meals a year to operating a professional medical clinic, to youth job training, to offering weekly spiritual celebrations at Glide Church, and much more, Glide touches the lives of many people. Formerly, Willa was Executive Director of the Tides Center, a leading sponsor of social innovation in the nonprofit sector, providing infrastructure support to over 250 new and emerging nonprofit initiatives with combined budgets of $50 million and staff of 500. At Tides, Willa was instrumental in revitalizing the organization, achieving financial stability and creating a national network of fiscal sponsors.
Willa also has extensive private sector experience. She established one of the first venture capital funds to invest in women-led or co-founded technology and life science companies. As general partner of Milepost Ventures, Willa provided hands-on leadership and strategic guidance to start-ups. Earlier in her career as an executive at AirTouch Communications, a multi-billion dollar wireless communications company, Willa helped with its transformation, positioning the company for profitable and dramatic global expansion through partnerships and mergers and acquisitions.
Willa currently serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of Northern California Public Broadcasting (aka KQED) and Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees of Bryn Mawr College. She also is a member of Young Presidents' Organization. Willa has an M.B.A. from Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, a J.D. from Yale Law School, and an A.B. in Economics from Bryn Mawr College.
african american salutes 2010, community
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 5 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year 25 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday