Willa Seldon is Chief Executive Officer of the Glide Foundation. Located in the Tenderloin, Glide is an oasis that has served the poor and disenfranchised for over 45 years.
From serving nearly one million meals a year to operating a professional medical clinic, to youth job training, to offering weekly spiritual celebrations at Glide Church, and much more, Glide touches the lives of many people. Formerly, Willa was Executive Director of the Tides Center, a leading sponsor of social innovation in the nonprofit sector, providing infrastructure support to over 250 new and emerging nonprofit initiatives with combined budgets of $50 million and staff of 500. At Tides, Willa was instrumental in revitalizing the organization, achieving financial stability and creating a national network of fiscal sponsors.
Willa also has extensive private sector experience. She established one of the first venture capital funds to invest in women-led or co-founded technology and life science companies. As general partner of Milepost Ventures, Willa provided hands-on leadership and strategic guidance to start-ups. Earlier in her career as an executive at AirTouch Communications, a multi-billion dollar wireless communications company, Willa helped with its transformation, positioning the company for profitable and dramatic global expansion through partnerships and mergers and acquisitions.
Willa currently serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of Northern California Public Broadcasting (aka KQED) and Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees of Bryn Mawr College. She also is a member of Young Presidents' Organization. Willa has an M.B.A. from Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, a J.D. from Yale Law School, and an A.B. in Economics from Bryn Mawr College.
african american salutes 2010, community
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF 35 min ago
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire 51 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday