ABC7 Top Scholars 2010
Friday, July 22, 2011
Congratulations to six outstanding Bay Area students who exhibited exemplary skills in presentation, writing, and leadership.2010 ABC 7 Top Scholars recognizes and rewards the Bay Area's top high school students. Each of our winners received a $1,000 scholarship that will go to his or her college education. Their stories go beyond the achievement in the classroom. They are all leaders of exceptional character and each one has a unique background and inspiring personal story to tell. Discover how they are making the world a better place! >> Watch Video Meet the 2010 ABC7 Top Scholars:
Ana Plascencia, Archbishop Mitty High School
A young woman from San Jose who became a trailblazer and activist in her home and school by staying true to her heritage.
Nicole Bauthier, Terra Linda High School
A young woman from San Rafael whose passion for the arts has helped shape her as a leader.
Druthi Ghanta, Foothill High School
A young woman from Pleasanton whose interest in the human brain has led her to help those with disabilities.
Joe Pak, Carlmont High School
A young man from Redwood City whose passion for leadership has earned the respect of everyone around him.
Jonathan Drennan, Santa Teresa High School
A young man from San Jose who turned his disability into an inspiration and determination to fight for others living with disabilities.
Carolyn Esserman, Miramonte High School
A young woman from Orinda who established her own non-profit foundation that's geared towards helping impoverished girls living in Nicaragua.
About the Program:
The ABC7 Top Scholars program is a scholarship and television opportunity recognizing the Bay Area's top high school academic achievers. It awards $1000 scholarships to six local college bound graduating high school seniors. Invitations to participate in program were sent to hundreds of schools throughout the Bay Area looking for the best and brightest college bound high school seniors. The annual project is intended to promote academic excellence by honoring and rewarding our top achievers. Each applicant had at least a 3.7 GPA and an impressive list of school activities and honors. In the end, there was a short essay designed to set our winners apart from the rest. To learn more:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=resources/lifestyle_community/community&id=59284 24 About Ralston Hall Mansion:
Ralston Hall Mansion is located on the campus of Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont. Notre Dame de Namur University is a fully accredited, independent, Catholic, co-educational, master's university founded in 1851 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in San Jose and moved to Belmont, California, in 1923. For more information: http://www.ralstonhall.com/index.html
ABC7 top scholars, community
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 11 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos