Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
October 17, 2010
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
Election Day is fast approaching. Millions of Californians will head to the polls on November 2nd. Today we are going to focus on one of the more "talked-about" ballot measures, Proposition 23. Today we are going to focus on one of the more "talked-about" ballot measures, Proposition 23.
Prop 23 would suspend the implementation of the state's landmark greenhouse gas reduction law until the statewide unemployment rate drops to five and a half percent for four consecutive quarters.
211 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 34 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO 58 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online 49 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
58 min ago