Plan ahead, travel healthy: Tips for staying well this season
Tens of millions of Americans hit the road each holiday season.
Now, a first-ever study by Orbitz and Walgreens shows why one of the things they should be packing is a preventative health care plan. That's because the odds of catching cold or the flu go up right around holiday time.
In fact, the new survey found that 25 percent of travelers say they've had holiday travel plans interrupted by illness.
Travel Wellness Expert Jim Cohn, a 10-year veteran of the travel industry, discusses the findings. He also shares tips to help you and your family stay healthy over the holidays, and gives advice to travelers who may find themselves falling ill.
You can watch Cohn's advice by clicking the video in the media player above.
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 25 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 43 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 56 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
41 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos