Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
January 23, 2011
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
Every week we focus on a different topic affecting people who live and work in the Bay Area. This week will be talking about housing. We'll sit down with a representative from the United States Department of Housing and Development. We'll talk to ABC 7's Michael Finney about the housing market and we'll also dig deep into why many of our urban neighborhoods seem to be losing their cultural identities.
7 On Your Side
Regional Administrator, Department of Housing and Urban Development
CEO, Urban Strategies Council
211 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
For Emergency Dial 911
housing market, community
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 1 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 22 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 2 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 1 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
27 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos