Michael Day is senior vice president and chief financial officer for the California State Automobile Association Inter-Insurance Bureau (Bureau). The Bureau is the 15th largest personal lines insurance company in the U.S. with more than $2.6 billion in annual revenue offering insurance products to over 17 million AAA members. In his role as senior vice president and CFO, Mr. Day is responsible for financial planning and analysis; controller's office; cash, investments and financial risk management; strategic sourcing; and strategic planning. Internal audit also reports to him on an administrative basis.
Mr. Day joined the Bureau and its AAA Club affiliate, California State Automobile Association, in August 2006 from New York, New York, where he was a financial consultant with Africast Global Media. Prior to Africast, Mr. Day was senior vice president, corporate and international finance of MTV Networks. He managed planning, financial reporting and control, treasury, capital approval and international finance. Prior to joining MTV Networks, Mr. Day worked for the Walt Disney Company as the director of corporate financial reporting and director of corporate planning and accounting. Mr. Day began his career with Deloitte & Touche in their audit group.
Mr. Day has been a frequent speaker at media-based organizations and college and graduate school events. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He also serves on the board of the Bay Area Junior Achievement and is vice chair of the board of AAA Life Insurance Co., an affiliated company. In 2010, Mr. Day was named CFO of the Year by the San Francisco Business Times. Mr. Day has an MBA in finance from Columbia University and a BBA in accounting from Baruch College. He is also a certified public accountant in the state of New York.
african american salutes 2011, community
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico 26 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8 59 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area 22 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday