Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
April 17, 2011
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
Today, we're talking about PBWC and women and the workplace.
According to the Department of Labor, in 2009,
- Women made up 46.8% of total U.S. labor force.
- 66 million women were employed full-time and part-time.
- Women are projected to be 51.2% of the increase in total labor force growth by 2018.
The Professional Business Women of California (PBWC) is a community of 25,000 women in the pursuit of success with educational and networking opportunities designed to advance both personal and professional lives. The annual PBWC Conference helps attendees connect with industry experts, make real contact with people who could advance careers, explore new ways to reach their maximum potential, create inspiration to seek new challenges.
PBWC 22nd Annual Conference
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Moscone Center, 747 Howard Street, San Francisco
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Congresswoman Jackie Speier
Board Member, PBWC
CEO, Solomon & Associates, Inc.
Keynote Speaker, PBWC Conference
Author, Speaker, Activist
Speaker, PBWC Conference
Co-Founder & COO, EFactor
211 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
jobs, jackie speier, community
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 23 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 41 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 28 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 38 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 40 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos