Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
April 17, 2011
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
Today, we're talking about PBWC and women and the workplace.
According to the Department of Labor, in 2009,
- Women made up 46.8% of total U.S. labor force.
- 66 million women were employed full-time and part-time.
- Women are projected to be 51.2% of the increase in total labor force growth by 2018.
The Professional Business Women of California (PBWC) is a community of 25,000 women in the pursuit of success with educational and networking opportunities designed to advance both personal and professional lives. The annual PBWC Conference helps attendees connect with industry experts, make real contact with people who could advance careers, explore new ways to reach their maximum potential, create inspiration to seek new challenges.
PBWC 22nd Annual Conference
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Moscone Center, 747 Howard Street, San Francisco
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Congresswoman Jackie Speier
Board Member, PBWC
CEO, Solomon & Associates, Inc.
Keynote Speaker, PBWC Conference
Author, Speaker, Activist
Speaker, PBWC Conference
Co-Founder & COO, EFactor
211 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
jobs, jackie speier, community
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 30 min ago
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch