Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
July 24, 2011
Kids & Drugs
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
Today we are talking about the dangerous mix of kids and drugs.
According to The Partnership at Drugfree.org, 11 million teens and young people in America need help for substance abuse and addiction. The Partnership is a public health nonprofit that helps parents prevent, intervene in and find treatment for these serious problems.
For some kids, the temptation of drugs starts in the home. Did you know that many teens have access every day to an array of prescription drugs -- often found in their parents' medicine cabinets?
Vice President, National Coalition Against Prescription Drugs Abuse
Neelesh Kenia, MD
Pediatrician and Sports Medicine Specialist, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco
Friday Night Live Participant
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane 7 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire