Frank D. Alvarez
A native of Los Angeles, California, Alvarez had more than 30 years of executive healthcare leadership experience, having led hospital systems in California and Arizona prior to joining HSF in November, 2007.
Alvarez received an Associate of Arts degree from East Los Angeles College, a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Loyola Marymount University and a Master in Public Health degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
He has been the recipient of honors including "Person of the Year" from the Arizona Supreme Court LEARN Program, the Corporate Citizens Award presented by MALDEF, the United Way/National Concilios of America Distinguished Leadership Award, San Francisco Citizen of the Day and a Reconocimiento (Certificate of Appreciation) from the Secretary of Health from the State of Sonora, Mexico.
Eric has a passion to better serve the small business community and to promote a higher level of commerce in our community. Also, to protect our businesses from higher cost and taxes implemented by local and state policies. Eric, also believes in promoting higher education and career opportunities to our Youth in technology and science. Eric is Bilingual in English and Spanish and has been a featured speaker for MEDA and ANEWamerica.
A long-time advocate of Latino Higher Education, Alvarez currently serves on the boards of director of the Lumina Foundation for Education, Western Governors University and Hispanics in Philanthropy and is a past board member and chair of the Arizona State Board of Education.
First in his family to go to college, Mr. Alvarez and his family have lived the transformative nature of a college degree and he finds inspiration and draws energy and passion from his HSF work to place "a degree in every Latino household".
For more information: www.hsf.net
hispanic heritage salutes 2011, community
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 6 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos