Sonia Melara is the Executive Director of Rally Family Visitation Services of Saint Francis Memorial Hospital. Ms. Melara also serves on the part-time faculty of San Francisco State University's School of Social Work. Ms. Melara has over 30 years of management experience in the non-profit and for-profit sectors. She served as Executive Director of the San Francisco Department on the Status of Women.
Ms. Melara serves as Vice-President of the San Francisco Health Commission and a member of the San Francisco Re-districting Task Force. She is a co-founder of California's first shelter for survivors of domestic violence, La Casa De Las Madres. She is co-founder of La Cocina, a business incubator for low-income women who want to start their business in the food industry. President Carter appointed her to serve on the National Advisory Commission on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. She has served an a variety of the boards, including the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce and the San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Ms. Melara holds a Bachelor of Arts and Masters degree in Social Work from San Francisco State University. In 1995 she was inducted into San Francisco State University Alumni Wall of Fame.
For more information: www.saintfrancismemorial.org
hispanic heritage salutes 2011, community
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter 54 min ago
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday