Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
November 13, 2011
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" discusses the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning here in the Bay Area.
Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless toxic gas. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, carbon monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America, killing 400 and injuring more than 2000 each year. You cannot see, smell, or taste carbon monoxide, but at high levels, it can kill a person in minutes.
Today's guests are community leaders who will discuss these dangers and show us how to take the appropriate steps to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Director of Technical Services
Bay Area Air Quality Management District
Public Information Officer
San Francisco Department of Building Inspection
Deputy Chief James Williams
Oakland Fire Department
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire