Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
January 22, 2012
Hosted by ABC7's Eric Thomas
This episode of Beyond the Headlines looks at a topic that affects thousands of people every year. Infertility creates obstacles for all kinds of couples struggling to conceive and carry a baby to full term.
According to the UCSF Medical Center about 10-15% of couples in the United States remain infertile at the end of one year. There are many causes for infertility such as blocked fallopian tubes, male infertility, advanced female age, difficulties ovulating, endometriosis and other unexplained reasons.
Treatment options vary, but they are often expensive and come with no guarantees. Today's guests will discuss the process of battling infertility and the options available. You'll hear from doctors specializing in the field, a new mom who overcame her fertility struggles through Chinese medicine & acupuncture, and a fertility psychologist who will discuss the emotional toll these issues can bring.
Mitchell Rosen, MD
Director of UCSF Fertility Preservation Center
Lifang Liang OMD, LAC
Chinese Medicine Specialist
Juli Fraga, Psy.D
INCIID -- National Scholarship for IVF
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 43 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 45 min ago
- Sharks look to extend series vs. Kings to 7th game
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 38 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday