Cedric Brown is the Chief Executive Officer of the Mitchell Kaypor Foundation, a Bay Area-based funder that makes over $4 million in grants each year. Cedric has over 20 years of experience as an educator and funder, working with the SF Foundation, SF Education Fund, Switzer Foundation, SF Cultural Equity Grants, and Level Playing Field Institute among others.
He serves as the chair of Bay Area Blacks in Philanthropy and is a board/committee member of Northern California Grantmakers, Funders Committee for Civic Participation, and Council on Foundation's Family Philanthropy Committee. Cedric received the 2010 ABFE Emerging Leader in Philanthropy Award and was profiled as a 2011 Changemaker in the San Francisco Chronicle. Cedric holds degrees from the University of North Carolina and Stanford University and an executive certificate from Georgetown University.For more information: www.mkf.org
african american salutes 2012, community
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 54 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro 59 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that! 16 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 2 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday