André V. Chapman
In 1992, as a National Director of Sales and disheartened by the lack of other minorities in the technology field, André V. Chapman redirected his focus and founded Unity Care Group, Inc. with educational and social programs designed to enrich the lives of disadvantaged at-risk youth.
As President and CEO, he is dedicated to make a positive impact on the youth in our community by providing opportunities (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) that will enhance their lives and teach them how to become productive citizens in our society. Mr. Chapman has earned a Bachelor of Science Degree, a Masters in Organizational Management and a Certificate of Completion, Harvard Business School, Strategic Perspectives on Non-Profit Management. Mr. Chapman has received numerous awards of distinction and commendation honoring his tireless dedication and community involvement. His recognitions have included: "Outstanding/Invaluable Community Service" by United States Congress, "Human Relations, Board of Supervisors Award" by California State Senate/Assembly, "Partner of the Decade" by the City of San Jose, "Award for Excellence" by Wells Fargo, "From Whence They Came" Award by Allstate Insurance Company, 55th Annual Freedom and Friendship Gala "Circle of Friends" Award by San Jose/Silicon Valley NAACP, "Grand Hero" Award presented by Senator Bob Dole and the Avanti Magic Foundation Magic Ceremony - just to name a few.Unity Care is a multi-service culturally proficient youth and family development agency serving families through its Mental Health, Residential and Community Base programs with special emphasis on Foster Care Youth. Unity Care Group employs a dedicated staff of approximately 160 employees and serves more than 3,500 youth and families per year.
Today, the agency aggressively strives to expand its core services with programs that stretch throughout California with sites in Monterey, Placer and Santa Clara Counties. Mr. Chapman serves on a variety of local, County and State Boards and Commissions. Mr. Chapman has been a national presenter on creating effective, efficient and culturally relevant services for communities of color and continues to work diligently to advocate on behalf of our foster youth regarding the policies and practices of the Child Welfare System and Juvenile Justice System. For more information: www.unitycare.org
african american salutes 2012, community
- Pres. Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 24 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting 24 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger 59 min ago
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday