Anita Grier, Ed.D.
Dr. Anita Grier, Ed.D., served as President of the Board of Trustees of the San Francisco Community Col¬lege District in 2007, 2003 and 2000, and Vice President in 1998. Dr. Grier was elected to the Board of Trustees in 1998 and re-elected in 2002 and 2006. She is a member of the Board's Facilities, Infrastructure and Tech¬nology and Community Relations committees.
A graduate of City College of San Francisco, Trustee Grier holds Bache¬lor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees from San Francisco State University and a Doctoral degree from the Uni-versity of San Francisco. Dr. Grier has extensive experience in education, having served in the posts of administrator, principal, program manager, special education teacher, program administrator and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Direc¬tor at San Francisco Unified School District."Our Community College should assume a more meaningful role in the development of students who are planning to attend state colleges and universities, and older adults who want to return to college to further their education or vocational skills," Dr. Grier states. "I know our Commu¬nity College works. My own profes¬sional and scholastic achievement is proof of that."
Trustee Grier has a commitment to:
- improving communication and ar¬ticulation with San Francisco Unified School District and San Francisco State University;
- increasing enrollment of under-rep¬resented groups and providing sup¬port services to improve the retention rates of those students;
- developing opportunities for special education students to attend college;
- expanding child care services and offering special scholastic and voca¬tional programs for mothers in the "Welfare to Work" program;
- broadening the English as a Second Language (ESL) program to include a component designed for grandparents;
- providing more opportunities for students, parents and staff with disabilities;
- working with local high school students to encourage them to stay in school. For more information: www.ccsf.edu
african american salutes 2012, community
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday