Wayne J. Lee was born in San Francisco and grew up around the Bay Area in Pacifica, Campbell, and San Francisco. He is a graduate of City College of San Francisco and the University of California, Berkeley. Wayne's civic and community dedication is something that was instilled in him from his grandparents and parents who have always been active volunteers in their community.
Today Wayne serves as a Council Member for the City of Millbrae, elected in 2011. Wayne's community involvement includes serving as the former Chairman of the Millbrae Planning Commission, founding President of the Millbrae Education Foundation and Director of the Lunar New Year Parade. He is also founding President of the Millbrae Dog Park Committee, former President of Elementary School PTA, a former Board of Director of Millbrae Lion's Club and of the AYSO Board. A 28 year resident of Millbrae, Wayne is also a small business owner and has been a soccer coach and referee. Prior to his dedication to the City of Millbrae Wayne also served in the Civil Air Patrol Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, 1Lt/Cadet Lt Col.Wayne's father is Arnold Lee, Grand President of United States Lee Family Association and Former President of the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association. Arnold contracted Hepatitis B from birth and did not know until he got screened. This has led Wayne to dedicate his time and energy to the San Mateo Hep B Free Campaign.
For more information: http://www.ci.millbrae.ca.us/index.aspx For more information on San Mateo Hep B Free: www.smhepbfree.org
asian pacific islander heritage salutes 2012, community
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos