Kimi Okadais a founding member of ODC Dance for whom she has choreographed over 20 works. Her work also includes commissions and collaborations with Geoff Hoyle, Bill Irwin, Julie Taymor, and Robin Williams. She has choreographed productions for the American Conservatory Theater, Yale Repertory Theater, The New Victory Theater in New York, The Children's Theater Company in Minneapolis, Theatre for a New Audience in New York, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, The American Music Theater Festival, The Santa Fe Opera, Los Angeles Music Center Opera, Los Angeles Theatre Center, The Pickle Family Circus, and the San Francisco Mime Troupe.
She was nominated for a Tony award for the Broadway production of Largely New York, which she co-choreographed with Bill Irwin. In 2010 she choreographed the ACT production of Scapin, and The Composer is Dead at Berkeley Repertory Theater. Ms. Okada has received a Critic's Circle Best Choreography Award, and was honored with a California State Legislature Assembly Resolution citing choreographic and community contributions.Since 1996, Ms. Okada has served as Director of the ODC School, which she has brought to the forefront of international and national dance education for youth and adults.
For more information: http://www.odcdance.org/index.php
asian pacific islander heritage salutes 2012, community
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 47 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 34 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 21 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos