Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
August 19, 2012
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode explores health insurance and the politically polarizing Affordable Care Act. Find out what the Act really is, what it does well, and where it needs to improve.
We dig deeper to look at how different groups with different needs will be affected, as well as answering questions from members of the community. Our discussion will include seniors and women specifically and teaches us about insurance for those with pre-existing conditions who have historically had difficulty finding coverage.
Our guests this week are passionate about teaching individuals to get the most out of the Affordable Care Act.
Dr. Bruce Chernof
President and CEO
@TheSCANFndtn on Twitter
Chief Strategy and Government Affairs Officer
The Center for Elder's Independence
Free Oakland Health and Wellness Fair; "Your Path to Wellness"
Saturday, September 15th
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Eastmont Town Center
7200 Bancroft at 73rd in Oakland
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach 50 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos