Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
September 16, 2012 at 4 p.m.
Guest-hosted by ABC7's Lyanne Melendez
In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, this week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" discusses the Latino community and the important issues facing community members today. We take a look at education, healthcare, and economic development and its effects on the Latino community.
Our show talks with Bay Area Hispanic leaders and educators who touch upon topics that include the Latino vote in the upcoming election and how it will make a difference in our nation. We also discuss what needs to be done to educate the population on the importance of healthcare.
Guests include a local political reporter and educator who work to teach the younger generation about the significance of higher education and the role it plays in our society. We also hear from the founder of a Bay Area supermarket chain who aims to serve and help the community he lives in.
Mi Pueblo Food Center
San Francisco Chronicle
Alex Saragoza, PhD
Professor - Ethnic Studies Department
University of California, Berkeley
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood 38 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday