Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
November 11, 2012
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" discusses the worldwide issue of hunger. We talk with local organizations that help those in need on a daily basis, and we offer options for those who can take part in the fight against hunger.
According to the collective food banks in the Bay Area, nearly 730,000 people use services that the food banks provide, which is about 1 in 6 Bay Area residents. We speak about campaigns that everyone can get involved in and discuss ways to give during this holiday season.
Today's guests range from activists and authors to directors of these establishments who help combat the problem of hunger.
Author & Activist
Director of Policies and Services
Alameda County Community Food Bank
Bay Area Food Banks
Alameda County Food Bank
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire