Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
March 31, 2013
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
In this week's special episode of "Beyond the Headlines," we take a look at some of the women behind an amazing conference sponsored by ABC7.
The Professional BusinessWomen of California (PBWC) is a community of 25,000 women in the pursuit of success with educational and networking opportunities designed to advance both personal and professional lives. The annual PBWC Conference helps attendees connect with industry experts, make real contact with people who could advance careers, explore new ways to reach their maximum potential, and create inspiration to seek new challenges.
The theme of this year's conference is "The Next Genderation." We hear from PBWC leaders who work to "unlock the full potential of women in the workplace," including U.S. Congresswoman Jackie Speier, Bank of the West's Senior VP Alexandra Roddy, and LeanIn.org President Rachel Thomas. They tell us what to expect at this year's conference on May 23, 2013, as well as how you can create your own Lean In circles.
The PBWC Conference is the premier conference for women in business. The event is all-day and features an incredible line-up of speakers. They include: Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, acclaimed actress/performer/activist Rita Moreno, US Congresswoman Jackie Speier, and several others. Register for your tickets today!
Professional BusinessWomen of California (PBWC) Conference
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Moscone Center West
800 Howard Street
Senior Vice President, Bank of the West
Board Member, PBWC
For more information about PBWC, or to learn more about this year's conference, visit:
2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Dial 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 21 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Thai opposition party says quitting Parliament 21 min ago
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M 12 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder 5 min ago
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday