Beyond the Headlines: Affordable Care Act
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
November 24, 2013
Affordable Care Act
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode of "Beyond the Headlines" looks at the Affordable Care Act, also known as "ObamaCare."
Effective March 31, 2014, all Americans will be required to have health insurance or will have to pay a fee if they choose not to participate. The Affordable Care Act's nationwide enrollment has been surrounded by multiple problems and a lot of confusion. Many still have hope that it will lead to a healthier California and a healthier country.
Today's guests offer tips to help clarify our changing healthcare system, as well as provide local resources for finding the right healthcare plan for you.
President, Californians for Patient Care
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 59 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 41 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 15 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
59 min ago