NRDC releases report on health of U.S. beaches
An environmental group released its annual report on the health of America's beaches.
This is the 20th annual report from Natural Resources Defense Council.
It says the number of beach closings and health advisory days increased in Northern California over the last year, due in part to the rainy weather.
However, the total number of beach closures for all of California decreased.
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday