Google invests in Atlantic Wind Connection
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Google is stepping deeper into green energy.
The Mountain View based search giant has just signed a deal to invest in what it calls "the superhighway of clean energy."
The Atlantic Wind Connection backbone will stretch 350 miles from the coast of New Jersey to Virginia and will connect to offshore wind farms and transmit the energy to systems on land.
Google says it'll provide enough power to power nearly 2 million homes.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 31 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 17 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial 41 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos