Google invests in Atlantic Wind Connection
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Google is stepping deeper into green energy.
The Mountain View based search giant has just signed a deal to invest in what it calls "the superhighway of clean energy."
The Atlantic Wind Connection backbone will stretch 350 miles from the coast of New Jersey to Virginia and will connect to offshore wind farms and transmit the energy to systems on land.
Google says it'll provide enough power to power nearly 2 million homes.
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos