Commonwealth Club: General Motors CEO
SPEAKER: Rick Wagoner, Chairman and CEO of General Motors.
VIDEO: Watch this Commonwealth Club event in its entirety in the media player above.
Can GM really be green motors? Find out how the Detroit auto maker is responding to climate change.
General Motors will bring 16 new hybrids to market in the next few years, including a futuristic plug-in. Has the world's largest car maker turned the corner on climate change? The Detroit automaker still doesn't like some of California's environmental laws, but it now recognizes that climate change is a real problem to be solved. The answer, Wagoner says, is to diversify fuel sources to include ethanol, hybrids and one day even hydrogen.
This program was recorded live on May 1, 2008.
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- 'Selfie' section added to Apple's iTunes App Store
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House 53 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos